I understand that the mission of the Ronald McDonald House is to provide a home-away-from-home for families of critically ill children receiving treatment in area hospitals. I understand that I may be asked to vacate my room in the event that the House is full, other families of critically ill children are in need of lodging and my child is not in Intensive Care. Additionally, after 30 days, RMHC reserves the right to review House occupancy, the family’s adherence to House rules and policies, and other factors deemed relevant in order to authorize or decline additional nights.
I also understand and agree on behalf of all such persons that the Ronald McDonald House will not be responsible or liable for any loss of or damage to our valuables, motor vehicles, or other personal property from any cause, or for any personal injuries to us, illness, or death even in the event of negligence.
I authorize the Ronald McDonald House to receive or communicate any information concerning the patient with any medical institution or personnel.
I understand no animals are allowed on Ronald McDonald House property except for service animals (ex. seeing-eye dogs).
I understand that, as our landlord, management of the Ronald McDonald House has the right to make random room checks at their sole discretion.
I understand that a transportation schedule will be made available in the office and it is my responsibility to check the schedule and follow it.
I understand that all members of my party will be required to wear the appropriate colored wristband at all times while on Ronald McDonald House property.
I understand that no one who is currently under investigation by Child Protective Services or other similar agency may stay in the Ronald McDonald House.
No one in our family has been recently exposed to chicken pox nor does anyone in our family have a communicable disease.
In return for the services and accommodations provided by Ronald McDonald House, I agree that all members of our party, including guests, will abide by the rules of the Ronald McDonald House. I understand that we may be required to leave the Ronald McDonald House immediately at any time, if management determines in good faith that we have broken the rules.
I will cooperate fully with the staff of the Ronald McDonald House in providing them with all information and assistance required to obtain third-party reimbursement (i.e. Medicaid, etc.).
- Smoking or the use of any tobacco product is not permitted anywhere in the Ronald McDonald House.
- No weapons, alcohol or illegal drugs will be allowed to be used, consumed or stored anywhere on Ronald McDonald House property. Abusive or obscene language or gestures will not be tolerated.
- Food and drinks (other than water) may be stored and consumed ONLY in the kitchen/dining areas. Guests are required to clean up after cooking, eating and drinking. This includes, but is not limited to, cleaning the counter and cooking area; properly loading all dishes used in the dishwasher (and properly unloading the dishwasher first, if the dishes are clean); cleaning the table, etc. Additionally, all common rooms are the responsibility of our guests. Please leave them clean and tidy.
- At check-out time you must have your room clean and go to the office to check out 1-1/2 hours prior to the office closing (This allows us time to check another family in prior to closing.)
- You must notify the office of the departure or arrival of any guest staying in the room. RMHC has the right to limit the number of guests per room. Guests should be immediate family and/or the primary caretaker(s) of the sick child.
- Any child under fifteen (15) years of age must be supervised at all times.
- Persons exposed to or having contagious illnesses may be required to vacate the House. Guests who have been diagnosed with a contagious illness should notify the office immediately.
- Guests are required to properly handle and dispose of any potentially infectious materials.
- Guests are required to cooperate fully with the staff in providing all information and assistance required to obtain third-party reimbursement (i.e. Medicaid).
- Guests whose child is not in Intensive Care may be asked to vacate their room in the event that the House is full and other families of critically ill children are needing lodging.
- In the event that the room will be unoccupied for more than one night, the guests must properly check-out of the room and ask to be put back on the waiting list for the date of their return.
- Quiet hours are from 9PM to 8:30AM. Loud and/or disruptive behavior is not allowed at anytime, however, guests should take special care to be respectful of other guests’ need for rest during quiet hours.
- Social workers at the hospitals advise RMHC staff if a family is not spending the recommended amount of time with their sick child or are, in any way, not caring adequately for the child. More than one instance of this type is grounds for requiring the family to vacate their room at the Ronald McDonald House. If there are extenuating circumstances (i.e. the parent has a contagious illness and should not be around the child, etc.), the guest must contact the RMHC staff to advise them of the situation.
- Callers who ask for a registered guest by name will be transferred to that guest’s phone extension. If visitors come to see a guest, the staff or a volunteer will call the registered guest to the lobby to meet the visitor and sign them in and get a wristband. WE ARE UNABLE TO SCREEN CALLS OR VISITORS.
- An appropriate dress code must be maintained at all times. Offensive and/or revealing clothing should not be worn in the House. Guests must be either fully clothed and/or wear a housecoat or robe at all times. Shoes or slippers must be worn at all times. Individuals refusing to comply with the established dress code shall be asked to leave the premises.
- Lodging at the House is a privilege and not a right. All guests are expected to abide by the rules of the Ronald McDonald House AND to act responsibly and respectfully in all instances which may or may not be outlined in this document. Failure to do so may result in being required to immediately vacate the House based on the discretion of management.