Part Time Facilities Maintenance Technician
Responsible for the daily maintenance of the House and Family Rooms while working with vendors, volunteers, and housekeeping to provide an atmosphere of support, ensuring that families and staff have a safe, clean and welcoming home.
Family First: We make a difference in the lives of children by recognizing that our top priority is to serve families.
Relationships: We create bonds through appreciation, communication, consideration, and acceptance of one another.
Team: We understand that each staff member has an integral part in achieving our mission and we could not accomplish our goals without each other.
Respect: We recognize and value the diversity of gifts, strengths, and purpose of each individual. We make it a priority that each person feels appreciated and acknowledged for their special talents.
Integrity: We uphold moral qualities in all situations at all times, displaying honesty, reliability, and sincerity.
Service: We humbly serve others, placing their needs above our own as the foundation of our organization.
Heart: We contribute to an atmosphere of warmth, harmony, and confidence thereby making our House a Home.
Reports to: Programs Manager
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years related experience
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, paint, HVAC, appliances
- Will have the skills and experience to diagnose problems and replace or repair
- Must be 21 or older with an excellent driving record
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Inter-personal and team effectiveness
- Flexible and adaptable
- Responsible and dependable with the highest degree of integrity
- Self-starter – results oriented
- Participate in staff meetings and communicate relevant information.
- Work as a team member with all staff at RMHCSW, treating fellow staff members with respect and sensitivity to the requirements of their jobs.
- Exhibit passion for the RMHC mission.
- Work with families of critically ill children in a compassionate and optimistic manner.
- Respect diverse cultures and work and interact with all types of people.
- Meet daily with the Programs Manager to prioritize daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Coordinate with TTU Ground Staff to maintain the following:
- Parking lot and sidewalks
2. Monitor both interior and exterior physical structure
- Paint and wall repair
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Flooring – replace and repair tiles
- Door and window repair and cleaning
3. Maintain calendar for routine maintenance including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pest Control
- Room Filters
- Ice Machine
- Split Cell Units
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Salary
This is a part-time position. Hours of duty may vary to meet the needs of donors, guests, and volunteers. Salary is competitive and negotiable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit resumes to Cindy Antoniello, Programs Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org